"All coaching is, is taking a player where he can't take himself."
Are you interested in coaching next season with KPHA? Our coaching application is posted below.
Whether you are interested in being a head coach or assistant coach, all those interested need to please submit an application.
Applications are to be sent to both:
KPHA Coaching Director, John McGlasson at firstname.lastname@example.org
KPHA President, Doc Barton at email@example.com
You can also visit https://www.usahockey.com/coachingcertification for information and links.
KEEP IN MIND THAT SOME OF THESE REQUIREMENTS ARE NOT AVAILABLE UNTIL CLOSER TO THE SEASON START DATE. WE WILL UPDATE LINKS HERE AS THEY BECOME AVAILABLE.
1. Register as a member of USA Hockey. Registration is NOW OPEN for next season!
Please email your 21-22 number to the KPHA Registrar, Jamie Larsen at firstname.lastname@example.org or text it to (907)398-9325. You may request a reimbursement from KPHA for the registration fee. Reimbursement form is found at the bottom of this page.
2. Complete the background screening. Each screening is good for up to 2 seasons. If a renewal is needed, the link below will take you to the website to complete your screening application. If you are unsure if you need to renew, please contact the KPHA Registrar at email@example.com. Any fee for this can also be reimbursed by KPHA if requested on a reimbursement form found at the bottom of this page.
3. Complete the USA Hockey Safe Sport Training. Required to complete annually. You will not be allowed on or off the ice with players until this training is completed. Click the link below to access the online training course.
4. Complete the online age-specific module(s) for the age level of play you are coaching. Only one module needs to be completed once per age level. Must be completed PRIOR to participating in any team activities and cannot be added to a roster until completed. Click the link below to access these module(s).
5. Find, register and attend the required certification clinic. You can only attend one clinic per season and all coaches start at Level 1. (The coaching clinic season for Levels 1-3 officially runs from September 1 to December 31). Last season courses were offered online, information will be available through the link below on in-person or online courses.
Coaching Education Program Certification Clinic Requirements must be completed by Dec. 31st